Randomness

A Cautionary Kitchen Tale

So I received a mandolin slicer for Christmas, and I’ve been super excited to try it out. I finally whipped it out tonight and was planning on frying up some potatoes to go with dinner. All was going well until I stepped away for a second and the glass baking dish I was putting the finished potatoes in literally exploded. As in, glass went EVERYWHERE. It was loud and messy and scary and dangerous. I seriously felt that I had a near death experience, or at least a near blinding experience. I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why a baking dish would randomly explode into a million pieces. Ok, maybe not a million pieces, but lots of pieces.

Anyway, I finally figured out what happened, and I felt like a total idiot. I feel it is now my duty to remind and warn all of you.

Make sure all burners on the stove are off before placing a glass baking dish on it.

You’ve been warned.

2015/01/img_0800.jpg

2015/01/img_0801.jpg

Advertisements
Standard

One thought on “A Cautionary Kitchen Tale

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s